compensation: $28 - $32 p/h, negotiable, based on experience, plus benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Certified Dental Assistant - Whistler, BC.
Can you see yourself living and working in one of the most beautiful mountain resorts in Canada? A progressive dental office in the heart of Whistler Village is hiring for a full time Certified Dental Assistant (CDA). This is the perfect opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art clinic, with the most up-to-date equipment and treatment modality, situated in the beautiful mountains of Whistler, BC! Perfect for an experienced CDA or recent graduate who enjoys an active lifestyle and wishes to embrace the Whistler community.
About the Role:
- Full time, long term career position.
- Monday – Friday during office hours with some flexibility.
- Competitive salary reflective of experience starting in the range of $28 – $32/hr (negotiable)
- Benefits include dental coverage and full extended health.
- Leading edge tools and technology where patient comfort is the #1 priority!
- Independently owned local practice with a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- Assistance with local housing for out-of-town candidates.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Certified Dental Assistant with a current Dental Assisting License.
- Calm demeanor, friendly and welcoming to ensure patients feel at ease.
- Strong knowledge and use of dental instruments and sterilization methods.
- Ideal for a newly licensed CDA looking to learn on the job and gain experience.
- Also, a great opportunity for an experience CDA looking to build their own client base and be part of a great little team.
- Perfect for someone who enjoys an active lifestyle and will embrace the Whistler community.
- Must be comfortable learning and using modern digital system and equipment.
- Should be friendly, independent, organized and efficient.
- Detailed understanding and practice of BC health and safety requirements.
- An organized, independent team member with excellent communication skills.
- A wide range of clinical chair-side dental assisting duties.
- Preparation of treatment room and patient for dental treatments.
- Establishing strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behavior.
- Selecting and mixing proper materials for dental application.
- Providing diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies, pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Operation, cleaning , sterilizing and maintenance of dental equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and arranging repairs;
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To Apply please reply to this posting with your resume, or give us a call: show contact info
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers